High-Efficiency Ductless Mini-Split A/C Installations in NY
ParkSide Fuel Service isn’t just a heating company! We also provide high-efficiency ductless mini-split air conditioners from Fujitsu to our valued Long Island customers. Ductless units are the perfect choice for New York air conditioning homeowners because they can be easily installed on any wall and use zoned cooling to get you the most bang for your buck. If you’d like a no-obligation quote on a ductless system for your home, reach out to our A/C installation team. Each employee at ParkSide will be more than happy to assist with your home comfort and cooling needs, and you can expect the job to be done right the first time.GET FREE QUOTE
Ductless Mini-Split Advantages
Because there are no ducts, Halcyon systems lose less than 5% cooling vs. up to 40% for traditional forced-air systems. Increased efficiencies up to 33-SEER mean lower utility bills. Several models are even Energy Star Qualified, meaning they save you on your utility bill.
Why pay to heat or cool areas that no one is occupying? Individual zoning allows you to heat or cool the areas you want, and not the areas that are unoccupied.
Ductless air conditioners are comprised of an indoor and outdoor unit, which allows for a peaceful inside environment by enabling the contractor to install louder components like compressors and motors outdoors.
Copper tubing running through a small 3 to 4-inch opening in the wall or ceiling easily connects the indoor and outdoor units. Refrigerant is cycled through the lines from the outdoor condensing unit to the indoor unit, where the air is quietly distributed to the interior space.
Year-Round, Whole Home/Business Comfort
Fujitsu’s Halcyon HFI system provides home and business owners just the right amount of heating and cooling needed by installing 2 to 8 indoor units connected to one outdoor unit. Indoor units vary by size and style and each creates its own “zone” of comfort, allowing you to heat or cool individual rooms, hallways, and open spaces.REQUEST INSTALLATION
Ductless Mini-Split Air Conditioner Q&A
What is a ductless mini-split air conditioning system?
A ductless mini-split air conditioning system is comprised of an indoor unit called the evaporator and an outdoor unit called the condensing unit. The evaporator is connected to the condensing unit by copper tubing and electrical wiring which is passed through a 2 ½” – 3” hole. Basically, it is a small central air unit with the flexibility of cooling or heating one room or more: zoning.
What are the advantages of installing a Fujitsu ductless mini-split A/C system over a central air conditioning system?
- With central air conditioning, you must cool an entire home when only one room may need cooling. On the other hand, ductless mini-splits cool only the areas you want and not the areas you don’t.
- 18,000 BTU is a typical minimum central air unit. With ductless mini-splits, you can use 7,000, 9,000 or 12,000 BTUs.
- Typical 3-ton homes are not zoned or require complex zoning systems, which makes it very expensive for the homeowner. With ductless mini-splits, multiple evaporators make zoning as simple as setting a remote control.
- Energy wasted in long lengths of uninhabited ductwork mean higher energy bills. Less than 5% cooling loss occurs in insulated refrigerant lines compared with up to 25% through ducts.
- Retrofitting homes requires cutting holes in walls, floors, ceilings or decreasing closet space with ducts. Ductless mini-splits requires just a 3 or 4” diameter hole in the outside wall, which means less mess and better home aesthetics.