Spring Energy-Saving Tips for New York Homeowners
It’s been a long, hard winter here in New York, but warmer weather is finally on its way. Yes, spring has sprung here on Long Island. Now is the perfect time to prepare your home and its comfort equipment for incoming warm weather. We at ParkSide Fuel are here to help you get your home ready with some spring energy-saving tips.
How to Save Money on Energy Bills This Season:
- Schedule an equipment tune-up. Getting yearly maintenance on your A/C and furnace or boiler can do wonders for your energy bills. Getting a tune-up performed by your local certified HVAC technician will keep your systems running at peak efficiency, keeping your home comfortable while using less energy. Plus, replacing your filter helps air flow properly.
- Get grilling. Get out in that warm weather and start grilling with a propane barbecue. Cooking inside can give off quite a bit of extra heat, so opt to cook outside instead.
- Use window treatments. If you want to save money on energy bills, use window treatments to your advantage. When it’s sunny out, let the light in so you don’t have to use electricity. On hot days, close your curtains to keep the heat out.
- Get a programmable thermostat. Switching from a manual to a programmable thermostat can help you save on your energy bills big time. When you’re asleep or away, set your thermostat to be higher to conserve energy.
- Turn on bathroom fans. When you shower or run hot water in the bathroom, remember to turn on the fan to draw heat and humidity out of the room.
- Use a ceiling fan. Using a ceiling fan in conjunction with your A/C lets you raise your thermostat’s settings by 4 degrees without a reduction in comfort.
It’s going to be a great season, and we want to help you make the most of it. ParkSide Fuel Service provides a variety of helpful home comfort services for our Long Island residential home comfort customers, including A/C installations and maintenance, heating services, oil tank replacements, and more. If you’re ready for an air conditioning or heating tune-up, or you want to learn more ways about how to save energy in the spring, just contact us.